Chicken - 1/2 kg
Tandoori Masala - 8 tbsp
Ginger-Garlic Paste - 6 tbsp
Thick Curd - 1/2 cup
Lemon Juice - 1/4 cup
Salt - to taste
• Wash and cut the chicken slices
• Now in a bowl mix tandoori masala, ginger-garlic paste, curd, lemon juice, salt and stir well.
• Now add the chicken piece and mix well. After that marinate for 3-4 hours.
• Preheat the oven in grill settings, meanwhile brush the chicken pieces with butter and grill at 250C for 45-50 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
• Serve warm with green chutney, chopped onion and lemon. Enjoy the feast.
Khoya Seekh Kabab
Spring Roll Sheets - 10-12
Jicama/Mishrikand - 2 Cups
Carrot- 1/4 Cup
Garlic - 1 Pod (Large)
Light Soya Sauce - 1 tbsp
White Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
Vegetable Oil - for deep frying
Salt - to taste
For Sealing Paste:
Corn Starch/Maida - 2 tbsp
Water - 5-6 tbsp
• Thaw the sheet on the cover, normally it's about 40-45 minutes. Cover the sheets with a wet kitchen towel always, this is to avoid the sheets from getting dry.
• Wash, peel and chop jicama, carrot and garlic.
• In a pan heat 1-2 tbsp of oil, add garlic and saute until just light brown. Now add carrot, jicama stir well and cook in high flame for 2 minutes. Add soya sauce, pepper powder, salt and stir well, cook for 3-5 minutes.
• Allow the stuffing to get cool. Mix maida and water to form a thick sealing paste.
To Assemble spring roll-
Take one spring pastry sheet and lay on a chopping board, add 2-3 tbsp of filling on bottom corner of sheet, lift and fold it to bring the filling until halfway.
• Apply sealing paste on sheets Take one spring pastry sheet and lay on a chopping board, add 2-3 tbsp of filling on bottom corner of sheet, lift and fold it to bring the filling until halfway.corner, fold left side and then right side towards centre and fold again to complete the seal tightly.
• While you work on one sheet make sure rest of the spring pastry sheets are covered with wet towel.
• Deep fry until golden brown on all sides, drain on paper towel and serve with any sauce of your choice.
The finger licking spring rolls are ready to eat..!!
Cooked Rice - 2 cups
Egg plant/Brinjal - 5-6 small one or 2 long ones (medium size)
Asafoetida /Hing - 1/8 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Channa Dal - 1 tsp
Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Green Chillies - 4
Cashew nut - 10-15
Tamarind Pulp - 2 tbsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Grated Coconut - 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
For Vangi Bath Masala Powder
Channa Dal - 2 tbsp
Urad Dal - 2 tbsp
Coriander Seeds - 2 tbsp
Dry Red Chilies -4
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon - 1" Stick
Cloves - 3
Green Cardamom - 2
Dry Coconut - 2 tbsp
• Roast all the ingredients for the masala powder each separately until golden brown and grind to fine powder.
• Wash and cut brinjal.now In a pan heat oil, add hing, mustard seeds and allow to crack. Add urad, channa dals, curry leaves, green chillies and cashews roast until light golden brown.
• Add brinjal pieces, turmeric powder and cook until it changes color and become soft.
• Add 2 tbsp of ground masala, mix well and roast for a minutes.
• Add coconut and rice and mix gently. Adjust salt if required.
These are some of the recipes which can make your Ramadan day's special.